Builder tells of life inside the notorious Finks Ringwood chapter headquarters

A MAN who made the mistake of hanging out with an outlaw motorcycle gang has given a terrifying account into life inside the Finks clubhouse.

Builder Robert Bolsdon claims he got mixed up with the Finks after he agreed to do some work for a mate at a warehouse that just happened to be the club’s Ringwood chapter headquarters.

He appeared before the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court last week via videolink where four of his former chums are accused of a conspiracy to bash him, among other offences.

Mr Bolsdon claimed he built a stage, bar and installed a stripper pole but never got around to finishing the toilet and shower.

Inside, club supporters would pay $100 a month for the privilege of drinking with the bikies — paying $5 a drink no matter what they ordered.

The “nominees” would run the bar, open the club gates for fully patched members and generally behave as servants, Mr Bolsdon said. It could take years before a nominee earned their full patch.
Full members would fork out $250 a month to wear the patch, and fees were to be paid no matter what.

Mr Bolsdon said chapter president John Napolitano would control the blokes “like a cult” and allegedly order club members to bash members or nominees.
Violent outbursts and random beatings were common on Friday nights, where up to 50 people would gather to get drunk, Mr Bolsdon said.

Police remove Motor Cycle from Finks HQ in Ringwood. Picture: Rob Leeson.

The victims were usually blow-ins, who foolishly thought it might be fun to drink with the Finks.
“They always waited until these people were drunk then laid into them,” Mr Bolsdon said. “I don’t know why they did it.”

Former member Caleb Hardwick said one member would bash people he simply did not like the look of. Friday was also the night where club members would hold their “church” meetings.

Mr Hardwick alleged everything from member fees to planning crimes would be discussed there. Like Mr Bolsdon, the Finks had plans to bash him, too, after he quit the club without paying his $10,000 exit fee or handing over his patch and motorbike.

Mr Bolsdon, who went on club rides dressed as a fully patched member, said things went bad for him after he made the mistake of asking to be paid for the renovations he’d made to the clubhouse.
He was assaulted and alleged members blew up his car.

Mr Hardwick stopped attending church meetings. In October last year, he said he wanted out, then left without paying. Instead, he ratted on his former mates to police and now lives a life of fear.
Finks members will appear in court throughout next week as a part of Victoria Police’s Operation Irrevocable.